1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
A willingness to dive deep, experiment rapidly and get things done.
Delivered a low-latency, consumer-internet-scale web services operating in a 24x7 environment.
Digital Advertising is one of the fastest growing areas at Amazon. Brands, major agencies and partners are relying on our ad technology, and we are applying the latest low latency, big data technologies and tool sets to understand our users' interests and personalize their experiences. We are seeking a Software Development Engineer within our Partners group. You will work with our Professional Services and Tech Integration partners and build innovative solutions to grow the ecosystem around our Amazon Marketing Cloud product and enable our partners to do the same.
Our services ingest billions of behavioral signals every day. Speed, scale, and accuracy are critical to our success. We work in some of the most exciting computer science domains (massive scale streaming systems, machine learning, data science, cloud native development). We build front-ends in ReactJS and back-ends with Kotlin and native AWS. We are *not* looking for an expert in any one of these particular domains (although, it wouldn't hurt). We are looking for a motivated software engineer with a proven track record of solid computer science fundamentals and building production quality software systems.
If you are excited about working with the latest technologies to massively scale a new product this is the right place for you. The ideal candidate will be innovative, have great problem solving, analytical and technical skills. You demonstrate exceptional customer and partner relationships skills and love to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests. You enjoy simplifying complex problems and tackling tough challenges.
You can read about the product on our public blog post. https://advertising.amazon.com/blog/introducing-amazon-marketing-cloud.
• Familiarity with the APIs and development patterns of SaaS applications such as Salesforce, Workday, ServiceNow, etc.
• APIs, containerized microservices, serverless functions, and event-driven architecture.
• Deep hands-on technical expertise, excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions.
• You recognize the difference between building software and shipping software.
• Experience with big data technologies in cloud
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Beware of fraud agents! do not pay money to get a job